REGENERATIVE RANCH MASTERMIND EVENT
July 29 - August 1, 2021
Double P Ranch, Mounds, Oklahoma
The future of the planet is in our hands.
Welcome to the first regenerative agriculture mastermind hosted by Rep Provisions at their Double P Ranch just outside Tulsa, Oklahoma, in collaboration with Coach Tara Garrison, Food Lies, the Savory Institute, and the Noble Research Institute.
The purpose of this mastermind is to provide visual educational content to the general public about the importance of regenerative agriculture, and educate those who are interested as to how we can best help.
This is a not-for-profit event, a true mastermind of people who are passionate about helping in this cause. The costs of the event will be distributed amongst attendees and we will have that number once we have a final headcount. We do have a few spots open, so if you'd like to attend, please email Tara at [email protected] and she will get you taken care of.
SPEAKERS & SPECIAL GUESTS
-Co-founder of the Savory Institute
- A TED talk Savory gave in 2013 has received over 3.4 million views and in 2014 was voted one of the 50 most intriguing TED talks of all time.
- Recipient of Australia’s International Banksia Award “for the person or organization doing the most for the environment on a global scale."
-Author of Holistic Management: A New Framework for Decision-Making
- In 1992 Savory and his wife, Jody Butterfield, formed a non-profit organization in Zimbabwe, the Africa Centre for Holistic Management, donating a ranch that would serve as a learning site for people all over Africa. The Africa Centre became the first of the Savory Institute’s locally led and managed “hubs.”
- The Savory Institute is one of 11 finalists in the Virgin Earth Challenge, a $25 million initiative for the successful commercialization of ways of taking greenhouse gases out of the atmosphere and keeping them out with no countervailing impacts.
Eric is a cattle rancher, amateur Crossfit Athlete, and a registered Professional Mechanical Engineer. Eric uses his diverse skill sets to develop unique environmental solutions for various problems in agriculture and other industries. Eric owns Double P Ranch in Mounds, Oklahoma where they produce grass-fed beef and operates his
ranch as a Savory Global Business Hub to provide
restoration grazing education and guidance.
Bobby leads development and communications for the Savory Institute. A Biomedical Engineer by training, Bobby was a lead scientific reviewer at the FDA before making the leap into regenerative agriculture where he now explores the intersectionality of personal and planetary health, and how to distill the complexity of these issues to new audiences. Watch Bobby’s TEDx talk: “It’s Not the Cow, It’s the How”
Deputy Principal Chief Bryan Warner, Cherokee Nation
Bryan Warner was elected to serve as the Deputy Principal Chief of the country’s largest tribal nation in 2019. Deputy Chief Warner formerly represented District 6 on the Cherokee Nation Tribal Council, which is the eastern half of Sequoyah County.
He was honored by the National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development in 2016 as one of the 40 Under 40 – a prestigious award that recognizes 40 emerging American Indians who have demonstrated leadership, initiative and dedication and made significant contributions in business and/or their community. In 2017, Deputy Chief Warner was appointed to the Tribal Advisory Committee for the Center for Disease Control. He has been credited with working with the Oklahoma Veterans Commission in helping bring the new Veterans Center to Sallisaw. While on the Cherokee Nation Tribal Council, he was an advocate for the Cherokee Nation Foster Care program and worked diligently to bring positive changes to his district.
Schedule of Events:
- 7/29/2021 – Arrive in Tulsa Int’l Airport in Tulsa, Ok
- Travel to Bed and Breakfast (possible options are many hotels in Bixby, Oklahoma that are more affordable. Or the OK 40 Ranch is awfully close to our ranch and has nice accommodations
- 7/30/2021 – Double P Ranch Farm Tour and Regenerative Education
- 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Meet at Double P Ranch Barn for coffee and meet and greet
- 9:00 a.m.- 9:30 a.m. Eric Perner to give introduction on Double P Ranch and REP Provisions mission in Regenerative Agriculture.
- 9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Noble Research Institute to introduce Noble Research Institute and speak on Soil Chemistry, Biology, Physics of the Tallgrass Prairie’s while on the tour.
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 am. Soil Erosion demonstration 1.
- 10:30 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. Double P Ranch Farm Tour, nature hike & Coach Tara Bee Honey Harvesting Demonstration
- 12:00 – 12:30 p.m. Soil Erosions demonstration 2.
- 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Lunch Served.
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Set up an example transect of How we do the “science” behind regenerative verification of all our land bases.
- 3:00p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Exclusive screening of the documentary To Which We Belong.
- 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Savory/Bobby Gill to discussion on “How to Talk About Regenerative Agriculture.”
- 5:00-6:30 – Rest & Recovery
- 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Open Fire Pit “Churrasco” Grilling & Dinner with the land and animals as our background.
- 9:00 p.m.- 12:00 p.m. Music, Drinks, Axe Throwing and Fun back at the Double P Ranch Barn
- 7/31/2021 – Tour of the Prairies
- On the drive to Tallgrass we will view other ranches/land in the nearby area to offer a look at a typical “conventional” operation and compare and contrast the visual aspect with the ecosystem function of the Double P Ranch vs neighboring ranches.
- 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. Meet at the Double P Ranch Barn for Live virtual Q&A session with Allan Savory
- 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Travel to the The Nature Conservancy’s Joseph H. Williams Tall Grass Prairie Preserve. (The largest protected remnant of the tallgrass prairie left on earth.)
- 11:00 – 2:00 p.m. Tour the Tall grass Prairie, discuss the importance of the Tallgrass to humanity, how much of it we have lost and how important it is to bring it back, take a hike through the tallgrass preserve and absorb its beauty
- 2:00-4:00 p.m. Eat a late lunch/dinner at the The Pioneer Woman’s Mercantile shop and browse Pawhuska, Oklahoma for their unique shops and gifts.
- 4:00-6:00 p.m. Travel back to the Double P Ranch
- 6:00-8:00 Hors dourves and drinks to discuss the days events around the campfire
- 8/01/2021 – Brunch at Double P Ranch Barn
- 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Wrap Up and discuss any lingering questions on Regenerative Agriculture
- 11:00 a.m – 1:00 p.m. Head back home, deliver to Tulsa Int’l Airport